Shortcut Virus

Mar 6, 2014
I was asked to fix someone's flash disk a few years back because all of the files inside it turned into shortcut icons. You cannot view the files even if you choose to show hidden files.
I was able to find the solution on the internet.

Now another someone encountered the same problem. I was searching for the solution on the internet but it seems everything that shows up are those that require users to download something. *sucks*

So I did the best I could to look over my files and see if I have saved the solution I did back then.

And FORTUNATELY, I did.

I would just like to share this one FOR FREE without you having to download anything. (:
  1. Run Command Prompt.
  2. Type this:
    attrib F:\*.* /d /s -h -r -s
Remember to change F: with the correct target drive.

The files are now visible. Just delete all the shortcut icons.

PS:
** Make sure you have an anti-virus installed and that it is updated.
** Next time, be careful on where to insert your flash disks. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment